MarioGamingCentral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Mario online gaming community.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MTO Tier List Discussion

Go down 
+8
Luckoftheirish
Mecha
Markness
Dooplissity
Riku
Visto
Dino007
DH1125
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DH1125

DH1125

MTO Tier List Discussion Empty
PostSubject: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Mario Tennis Open Tier List

S-Rank
Boo
Mii

A-Rank
Dry Bowser

B-rank
Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Yellow Yoshi

C- Rank
Waluigi
Bowser
Wario

D-Rank
Yoshi
Blue Yoshi
Daisy
Baby Mario
Baby Peach

E-Rank
Bowser Jr.
Diddy
Red Yoshi
Pink Yoshi
Peach

F-Rank
Luma

Characters still to be evaluated
Light Blue Yoshi
White Yoshi
Black Yoshi

Last edited by DH1125 on Thu May 31, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DH1125

DH1125

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Thread open for discussion
Back to top Go down
Dino007
Admin
Dino007

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:44 pm

i agree with this for the most part

i disagree with baby peach being so high tho
Back to top Go down
https://nintycentral.forumotion.com
Visto

Visto

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:49 pm

agree with dino, the babies are way low cuz of their stupid dive reach. i also feel that wario should be a lot higher. hes damn scary if you face a good one.
Back to top Go down
Riku

Riku

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:18 am

I think mii should be S-Class with certain combos. I mean if you think about it you can make a combo that is just as good as boo without his teleport. Also a lot more customization.
Back to top Go down
Dino007
Admin
Dino007

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Riku wrote:
I think mii should be S-Class with certain combos. I mean if you think about it you can make a combo that is just as good as boo without his teleport. Also a lot more customization.

this actually i agree with too
Back to top Go down
Dooplissity

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Bowser's Jr.'s placement O_o
Back to top Go down
Markness

Markness

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Bowser jr E?

Imo he's one of the best characters ingame.
Back to top Go down
Mecha

Mecha

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Repping all-time worst. (flex)
Back to top Go down
Dino007
Admin
Dino007

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Dooplissity wrote:
Bowser's Jr.'s placement O_o

Markness wrote:
Bowser jr E?

i think for a tricky his spin isnt that much tbh
but why do you guys think he should be higher

Mecha wrote:
Repping all-time worst. (flex)
thats why you will forever fail
Back to top Go down
DH1125

DH1125

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:37 am

Visto wrote:
agree with dino, the babies are way low cuz of their stupid dive reach. i also feel that wario should be a lot higher. hes damn scary if you face a good one.

actually their dive is the best in the game..literally going across the whole court in an instant. I do agree with wario though..if anything he could switch place with baby mario and he'd be put in D instead. at very most B.peach could move down to C but she has a nice combonation of good spin and decent power and speed. her reach just fails..

Riku wrote:

Mii is borderline A imo. Sure mii can be S for the reasons you said but the main reason I didn't first put it in the S-class was mainly because of boo's broken teleport dash. As broken as you can make mii with some gear, it still cant dash without losing power..and isnt nearly as unpredictable as boo is. Those are the only reasons I see in holding mii back really

Markness wrote:
Bowser jr E?

I have to say I disagree. Out of all the tricky characters, B.jr's spin is easily the worst and he is somewhat sluggish too. His power is ok but if he sort of sucks in what he is supposed to specialize in...then well yea he's nothing special
Back to top Go down
Luckoftheirish

Luckoftheirish

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:50 am

I think Luma should be higher. It has great speed and it is a total nuisance to beat on Ace and Pro setting just because it is so fast. I also think Diddy should be slightly higher and Waluigi lower tbh.
Back to top Go down
DH1125

DH1125

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:47 am

Luckoftheirish wrote:
I think Luma should be higher. It has great speed and it is a total nuisance to beat on Ace and Pro setting just because it is so fast. I also think Diddy should be slightly higher and Waluigi lower tbh.

See thats the thing...the only time I have seem Luma as any kind of threat is only when it's a cpu, but that is because Pro and Ace levels are literally programmed to counter / stop almost anything...so they arent like human players. Luma may have good speed and decent spin but its power is laughable..and ive always found it not only awkward to use but puts you at a bad disadvantage as well. Thinking about it twice now though...Peach should probably be moved up at least 1 more tier...

Waluigi got the spot he did mainly off his net play ability..but thats all. As for diddy...why do you think he should be higher?
Back to top Go down
DNCatz

DNCatz

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

(mm) Left handed Boo is really good for random Wifi matches due to no one realizing that its Boo but the serve will be aimed at the opposite side of the court from a normal Boo.
Back to top Go down
Melon

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:56 am

Boo is unpredictable enough already, in theory left handed should not matter unless people predict the spin based upon the color (top and slice).

I heard that not using star power on boo gives him more slice, not sure if true, but sounds interesting if it is.
Back to top Go down
Demise

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:22 pm

I think a properly equipped Mii is the best character. Boo is great, but he has a hard time against a good Power Mii. I haven't had much trouble against the 3000 Boos I faced, aka Smitty and such.

Dry Bowser is beast though. And Peach is sneaky good at net.
Back to top Go down
Melon

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Let's not forgot though that boo has undeniable advantage on clay and sand court where it can easily block even more shots using his teleport.
Back to top Go down
DH1125

DH1125

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:02 am

Possible Peeps Moving up
----------------------------------
Mii (to S), Yellow Yoshi (to B), Wario (to C), Peach (to E or D)

Possible Peeps Moving Down
---------------------------------------
Baby Peach (to D), Baby Mario (to D), Diddy (to F)

Need opinions...anyone agree with this? Any other changes you think need to be done?
Back to top Go down
Melon

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:16 pm

I personally agree with peach moving up, her technique allows her to hit really hard to return shots (especially her height which allows a good lunge reach and good infield court play). This is probably me just hating but yeah Diddy definitely F tier.
Back to top Go down
Mnemosy

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:58 am

Baby Peach (to D), Baby Mario (to D), Diddy (to F)
yes yes no
I would drop Baby Peach even lower, she's got terrible reach, no height, worse serves than boo. Her only saving grace is a nuts speed which doesn't matter when her reach is so terrible that you'll be giving away chance shots left and right.
Haven't faced enough good BM's to say the same but he probably needs to go lower as well.
I think that the E rank is perfect as is and none of those 4 need moving, Diddy included. Diddy is right at Red/Pink Yoshi's level.

Move Wario to C, I mained him for long enough to know he's good but has shortcomings. He's got stubby little arms that cause him to preform retarded tumbles all the time that lead to the opponent getting power shots. Wario's saving grace is his power, if by chance (shot) he gets a red power circle on his side of the court, that's a guaranteed point. Smash, drop shot, gg. He should be stationed right under DK who is in B, so I think it's good.

I also agree w/ moving Peach up at least one tier, maybe two. Not sure on her yet.

Mii (to S), Yellow Yoshi (to B)
yes yes
YY has power and good speed, solid B.
Mii is undeniable S tier. Thankfully, the past 2 irl MTO tournaments I've been to have banned Miis from play. Also from what I can tell, download characters and unlockable (dry bowser etc) aren't usable in local play? This could be because both people didn't have them unlocked and they would be if everyone had them, but I wasn't able to select any of those characters at the local tournaments.
Back to top Go down
DH1125

DH1125

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:59 pm

I have edited the front page with a good amount of changes..seems this is what people think is right

I'm honestly just thinking of combining E and F tier right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTO Tier List Discussion   MTO Tier List Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

MTO Tier List Discussion
Page 1 of 1